This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

There was a database connection error

Hello admin,

I have the following problem with the installation.

There was a database connection error. Access denied for user 'db332040001'@'172.17.136.67' (using password: YES) (1045).

what am I doing wrong?

Hi Michael,

Can you double check that your database username and password are correct? Make sure you're not copying/pasting any extra hidden characters. Try pasting it into Notepad first.
Is your database on a different server? As you're not using 'localhost' for the host?
If so, could be that your IP address isn't allowed to access it.
Who are you hosted with or is this your own setup?

Have you completed the interview?

Database Name and Database Username are the same. The password is correct. When I replace the database host with localhost I get the following error message.

There was a database connection error. No such file or directory (2002).

Okay try '127.0.0.1' instead of 'localhost'. If that doesn't work you'll need to contact your host because they'll have the ability to look into it properly.

Unfortunately the error message remains with 127.0.0.1 instead of "localhost" Confused

Hallo Steven,

I found the problem. There was a special character in the database password. This special character has had a problem with the database. Now the installation worked.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll create an FAQ for this and will put your solution as one of the possible things to look at.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by FaradaysPC
02-Aug-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by HGsunday
04-Jul-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post by Steven
14-Apr-2017, 11:56 AM
Last Post by hentes