This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

email sent to admin but not to other users

Hi

Thanks for putting excellent software in the public domain.

When I send test-mail I receive it to admin address. When comments are made, the admin address gets email.

But the commenters that have requested email-notification do not get that when others reply to their comments.

What have I done wrong.

Thanks.

Hi,

Do you know if the commenters confirmed their subscriptions by clicking the verification link in the email they received? You can check this in 'Manage -> Subscribers' by looking at the 'Confirmed' column.

Some general information about how the subscription system works:
https://www.commentics.org/support/knowl...?article=7

Have you completed the interview?

(17-Oct-2016, 06:28 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

Do you know if the commenters confirmed their subscriptions by clicking the verification link in the email they received? You can check this in 'Manage -> Subscribers' by looking at the 'Confirmed' column.

Some general information about how the subscription system works:
https://www.commentics.org/support/knowl...?article=7

Thank you for your reply.

I now find out that at least some of the confirmation emails have arrived after several hours. After confirmation, notifications have been received.

If I set the from address to a verified email outside this domain, nothing is sent/reveived, not even to admin.

I don't think any emails were sorted in spam folders.

Host is GoDaddy and emails are Gmail or Hotmail.

My guess now is it has to do with some form of spam protection. It could be both on the sending (GoDaddy) or receiving side (email providers) maybe?

(I once had an email server on dynamic ip and some emails were never received. )

So Commentics software has probably nothing to do with the problem. 

Commentics has worked real fine and appears to be a thoroughly worked through software.

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by marcparish
12-Jul-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post by armadillo
04-Mar-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post by hentes
06-Nov-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post by MacF
26-Oct-2011, 12:47 AM