This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Can't log into Admin Panel

Everything seemed to work great on the install, but when I try to log in to the admin panel it just keeps coming back to the login form. If I type in the wrong password it does give me that error. The program otherwise is working great and accepts submissions. Any idea why I can't log in?

Hi,

A few people have had this problem in the past. The only time that someone ever replied back with a solution was to say that they had a .htaccess file in the root of their website which was affecting all of the index.php files on their site, including the index.php file of the Commentics admin panel.

http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...74#pid1674

Have you completed the interview?

(11-Oct-2012, 05:11 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

A few people have had this problem in the past. The only time that someone ever replied back with a solution was to say that they had a .htaccess file in the root of their website which was affecting all of the index.php files on their site, including the index.php file of the Commentics admin panel.

http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...74#pid1674

I too have admin log-in problems. All has worked fine for several months and only just started playing up when I went to approve the latest comment. The e-mail link opens the admin log-in page but returns to the same page (and state) once the log-on button is pressed. Having read other messages on the subject I have tried replacing my .htaccess file in case it had been deleted but to no avail. I have reset the password but nothing has changed - it still goes nowhere. The .htaccess file must be OK because users can post comments - I just can't approve them…

So on the face of it nothing has been changed but I am locked out.

Hi,

Your host has clearly changed something on your server which has caused an issue with sessions.

You'll need to speak to them to fix it.

Have you completed the interview?

(20-Jul-2014, 05:39 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

Your host has clearly changed something on your server which has caused an issue with sessions.

You'll need to speak to them to fix it.

Thanks for the info - here is the solution - it may work for others...

I contacted my host and they said to"log into plesk, click on my domain, click into the php settings,change the value for session.save_path to /tmp"

This fixed the Session problem and all is well again.

Tony
www.royalnavyresearcharchive.org.uk/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by marcparish
12-Jul-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post by armadillo
04-Mar-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post by hentes
06-Nov-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post by franco66
10-Feb-2012, 11:58 AM