This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Error 500 upgrading from 2.5 to 3.0

Hello, 
i have tried to upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0 but when loading www.mywebsite.com/upload/install it`s getting Iternal server error (error 500). 
I have followed steps as described.

Server requirements are fully compatible and also MySQL version.

Coul anybody help me please. i'll appreciate that.

Best regards,

Hi,

Nothing obvious comes to mind as to why the installer would give a 500 error. Could you check your server's error log for the reason or ask your host to? I'll be able to provide a proper solution once I have that information.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks for your answer Steven,
this is the log entries related to this tho:

[Wed Feb 22 18:34:18 2017] [alert] [client 81.......] /home/myweb/www/academia/comments/.htaccess: Invalid command 'IndexIgnore', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Thanks for your help.

Okay it looks like your server's apache is missing the mod_autoindex module.

Try opening your /comments/.htaccess file and replacing this:

Code:
IndexIgnore */*

With this:

Code:
<IfModule mod_autoindex>
IndexIgnore */*
</IfModule>

If that fails then just remove the line.

Hello Steven, thanks for your patience and your help.
I get a lot of errors trying to upgrade.
Modifying the htaccess was ok but on the final step this happened:

http://www.fotografiarte.es/academia/com...result.txt

Thanks again, i hope you can help me.

Best regards,

Hi Daniel,

The minimum version of MySQL for Commentics v3.0 and v3.1 is MySQL v5.6.5. In Commentics v3.2 it was reduced back to MySQL v5.0.7.

What you'll need to do is revert the database back to how it was, make these changes, and perform the upgrade again.

Thank you so much Steven.
Seems like works fine, yet this bunch of errors are repeating when accessing to any page with commentics attached:

05-Jun-2017 17:25:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: enabled_bb_code_bullet in /home/fotografiarte0/www/academia/comments/frontend/view/default/template/main/form.tpl on line 316
[05-Jun-2017 17:25:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: enabled_bb_code_numeric in /home/fotografiarte0/www/academia/comments/frontend/view/default/template/main/form.tpl on line 327
[05-Jun-2017 17:25:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: enabled_bb_code_link in /home/fotografiarte0/www/academia/comments/frontend/view/default/template/main/form.tpl on line 338
[05-Jun-2017 17:25:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: enabled_bb_code_email in /home/fotografiarte0/www/academia/comments/frontend/view/default/template/main/form.tpl on line 345
[05-Jun-2017 17:25:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: enabled_bb_code_image in /home/fotografiarte0/www/academia/comments/frontend/view/default/template/main/form.tpl on line 352
[05-Jun-2017 17:25:46 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: enabled_bb_code_youtube in /home/fotografiarte0/www/academia/comments/frontend/view/default/template/main/form.tpl on line 358

Any idea why is it happening?

Thanks a lot again

That's strange. Try opening the 'settings' database table and searching the 'title' column for 'enabled_bb_code_bullet'. If it doesn't exist you could insert it, along with the other ones, by running the following SQL:

Code:
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'enabled_bb_code_bullet', `value` = '1';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'enabled_bb_code_numeric', `value` = '1';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'enabled_bb_code_link', `value` = '1';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'enabled_bb_code_email', `value` = '1';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'enabled_bb_code_image', `value` = '1';
INSERT INTO `settings` SET `category` = 'form', `title` = 'enabled_bb_code_youtube', `value` = '1';

Thanks Steven,
The tables are already there.
I have enabled bbcode for form settings and error messages gone.

Other issue, when i try yo upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 i receive a mysql version error step process.
Wich files should i download?

I have tried with "Changed files" mentioned on Upgrade Guide.
should i try with files within the download page?

Thanks

(13-Jun-2017, 05:38 PM)daniel Wrote:  I have enabled bbcode for form settings and error messages gone.

Okay sounds like a bug. I'll look into that.

(13-Jun-2017, 05:38 PM)daniel Wrote:  Other issue, when i try yo upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 i receive a mysql version error step process.

For the MySQL version error you'll need to do these steps again and then this.

When you upgrade from v3.1 to v3.2 you won't need to do this because v3.2 has a lower MySQL version requirement.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
28-Jan-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post by Plum
02-Oct-2020, 10:05 AM
Last Post by Steven
25-Jun-2020, 08:10 AM
Last Post by Steven
21-Oct-2018, 08:42 PM
Last Post by bahar