This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Implementing commentics to main-domain and all sub-domain

Hi  ,

I have implemented this commentics to a sub-domain. But I need to implement to my main-domain and all sub-domain. 

How can I do this ? 

my document structure is following: 
1.  /home/stechsia/public_html/maindomain.com
2.  /home/stechsia/public_html/subdomain1.maindomain.com
3.  /home/stechsia/public_html/subdomain2.maindomain.com

Is it possible ?

I don't think it's possible because browsers don't allow cross-domain ajax requests.

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks for the reply.

For anyone else that finds this old post, I can say that commentics DOES appear to work across subdomains in 2021.
I installed the same commentics script to the header and body of multiple subdomains than the registered main domain and left myself a comment (called "test") and it worked!

wooo wooo

Commentics is only installed on the main domain.  I believe commentics is even working properly when within the dashboard's live view of the visitors, it appears that the subdomains are reflected (*but it could be my redirects that were made before the creation of the subdomains so not sure about that).
Also, if anybody is enjoying commentics live view (which must be turned on and found under the settings/viewers menu), while at reports/viewers add a firefox auto-refresh app and the tab will auto-refresh (without you having to physically press refresh umpteen times).

If anything I've claimed is incorrect, please let me know so I don't break my entire website or waste a bunch of time adding the scripts to each and every page across 9 total subdomains.
Thanks.

*****UPDATE Yes it absolutely is working across subdomains perfectly fine using the same scripts as what was registered! And YES commentics is reflecting the proper url's within the commentics live view dashboard! Nice!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kbadmin
28-May-2019, 07:16 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Feb-2018, 10:11 PM
Last Post by yentrangkorea
16-Nov-2016, 08:14 AM