This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

database connection error
Photo 

hello administrator,
can you help me, i have problem when i'm try to install commentics.
i already create a database but when i'm try to install there's an error about connect to database.
here's the notification:

Sorry, there is a database connection error:1045: Access denied for user 'a9612794'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
This error appears to be because your password is wrong.The following are steps to help fix it:
(a) Open the file /db/details.php
(b) Check the value of $cmtx_mysql_password
© Does it match with your MySQL password?

i tried to fix it but i can't find file details.php on db folders or else.
where can i find this details.php?

thank's before.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The file is here: /upload/includes/db/details.php

Have you completed the interview?

(18-Jan-2016, 06:44 PM)Steven Wrote:  The file is here: /upload/includes/db/details.php

hi Steven,
i'd download commenticsv2.5-R1 and when i'm unzip the files there's no details.php on /upload/includes/db/ folder.
should i download the latest version after v2.5-R1?
thank you.

The file is created by the installer. It's correct that it doesn't exist to begin with.

(19-Jan-2016, 06:35 PM)Steven Wrote:  The file is created by the installer. It's correct that it doesn't exist to begin with.

you right, steven. i find details.php, then i follow step by step to fix carefully, but still i've got the same error connection.

Quote:Error

#1045 - Access denied for user 'a9612794_rani'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

thank's for your patience

I think it's just a case of entering the correct details. Comparing your first error message with the second error message, it looks like you've entered a different username and you didn't enter a password the first time but the second time you have, so it seems like you're not sure what to enter. Only yourself or your host would know what the right details are so there's not much that I can do to help.

(19-Jan-2016, 10:17 PM)Steven Wrote:  I think it's just a case of entering the correct details. Comparing your first error message with the second error message, it looks like you've entered a different username and you didn't enter a password the first time but the second time you have, so it seems like you're not sure what to enter. Only yourself or your host would know what the right details are so there's not much that I can do to help.

i decide to re-upload the /upload folder to re-install.
do you think it will helps?

No the issue isn't with the files.

(19-Jan-2016, 10:17 PM)Steven Wrote:  I think it's just a case of entering the correct details. Comparing your first error message with the second error message, it looks like you've entered a different username and you didn't enter a password the first time but the second time you have, so it seems like you're not sure what to enter. Only yourself or your host would know what the right details are so there's not much that I can do to help.

finally i can install correctly. thank you.
but i have a little link problem:
in my admin panel, the links (except log out menu) take me to the same page: dashboard.
the other menu like Manage, Layout, Settings, Tasks, Reports, Tools even Helps take me nowhere.
is there a serious problem here?

Can you PM me your admin URL and login details so that I can determine what's happening?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by FaradaysPC
02-Aug-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by HGsunday
04-Jul-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post by Steven
14-Apr-2017, 11:56 AM
Last Post by hentes