This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Installation not going past Start Button on WAMP 3.1.0

At the moment the email field is mandatory. The main reason is because Commentics v3 is more user-focused. For example you can hover over the user's image to see how many comments they've posted. In the future I plan to take it a bit further by being able to view all of a particular user's comments. The email field is important for this because it makes sure that no one can impersonate another user. For example right now you can't go on the Commentics demo and post as "Steven" because you don't know my email address. It will say "The name or email is associated with another user". So that's the advantage of it. I do understand there are disadvantages as well. For instance some users might not want to provide it (even though they will never receive an email from you). In theory they could type in a made-up email address as long as they type the same one the next time. In terms of solutions, there are alternatives such as using a password field, or giving the user the option to post as "Guest", but I feel it would add complexity to the form (and the code). What are your thoughts?

Have you completed the interview?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rol
16-Feb-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-May-2019, 07:20 PM
Last Post by lastejas
29-Sep-2018, 02:03 PM
Last Post by jgee
18-Nov-2016, 06:59 PM
Last Post by Steven