This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

verifying email address

Hello,

Is there a way to send a mail to user for approving his own comment? By doing this I want to verify his email address. I need to do this because I see some fake comments in the system with suspicious email adresses.

Can I do it by modifying the subscriber confirmation process or is it a hard work?

Thank you.

You can definitely re-use parts of the subscriber confirmation code but it's still a fair amount of work.

There may be better ways to deal with the issue, depending on whether it's a person or a bot who's submitting the comments. Maybe the captchas need strengthening, or Akismet needs enabling, or you could ban the email addresses if there's some type of pattern.

Have you completed the interview?

Hello Steven, thanks for the reply.
I think same person from different IPs with different names, writing comments with fake emails and he is not the only one..They are writing negative comments about the opponent company but I can't be sure that they are real customers or not. If I can set some kind of email verification I believe that these kind of fake comments are going to be less than now.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a lot that can be done. If the person is determined, (and it sounds like they are), then they can easily create a disposable email address to get around the email address verification.

Have you completed the interview?

Ok Steven thank you.
If I improve my php skills in the future, maybe I do it by re-using subscriber confirmation code..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by clixcity
30-Jul-2020, 08:29 AM
Last Post by Steven
02-Jan-2017, 01:07 PM
Last Post by Steven
17-Mar-2015, 06:25 PM
Last Post by sherry
27-Apr-2013, 12:33 AM
Last Post by Steven
25-Mar-2013, 06:01 PM