This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

email / RSS - getting it straight

Steven, hi - I don't find an explanation of how the email & RSS options play out, and it seems that as detected "admin" I can't really test them out... I'm hoping you could give a covers-all explanation so I'm sure not to tell my viewers something wrong. (This would be useful laid out somewhere - in FAQ?)

This is what I -surmise- from looking at the bits and pieces in the admin panel - is this right? [and some questions within]:

--EMAIL: comes from the "Notify me of new comments via email" checkbox option; commenter checking it leads to Subscriber Confirmation email being sent; then after confirmation, every single new approved comment goes to them one by one? [would be so nice if they were batched! - weekly? a choice?]
[and: If I choose auto-approval, does every comment go out one at a time? - even if awful, hm. But if I choose manual approval, then I get/have to manually OK the sending of these to those who signed up for new comments by email.]

--RSS: comes from the "[RSS icon] This Page" or "[RSS icon] All Pages" being clicked [this can be by an interested non-commenter?], which open an RSS feed box in commenter's default email program; sends RSS [but how often? - I couldn't see a setting for this]
[and... Does it send -all- comments (up to the # specified in admin panel, 30 being default) or only those related to the specific comment under which these links are displayed? I would have expected the RSS option for "All Pages" would be listed alongside the "Notify me...email" option, thinking that email and RSS are usually side-by-side options as 2 means of transmission of the same thing - so this is confusing.]
[and: in Settings - RSS... What is the "image URL" for an image in the header on a given page? - including some suffix I don't know about? Or is this telling me that I have to upload the graphic I want to use to a webpage of its own and put in that URL? - and then Commentics grabs it and reduces it to a super-tiny size? (I've never done RSS - what are the size limitations?)]

Thank you for clarifying!

Hi,

Not sure if you've read this: http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...?article=7

I'll create one about the RSS feature soon.

Have you completed the interview?

(26-Apr-2013, 06:39 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

Not sure if you've read this: http://www.commentics.org/support/knowle...?article=7

I'll create one about the RSS feature soon.

Thank you for directing me to the email FAQ page I'd missed, for confirmation of what I -thought- I knew. I await the RSS page with baited breath!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by clixcity
30-Jul-2020, 08:29 AM
Last Post by Steven
02-Jan-2017, 01:07 PM
Last Post by Steven
17-Mar-2015, 06:25 PM
Last Post by otuzel
22-Apr-2013, 01:11 PM
Last Post by Steven
25-Mar-2013, 06:01 PM