This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

error - accessing the database tables

Hi there,

Thanks for this great free comments script. I've managed to install everything ok but am recieving the error message below;

Comments
Sorry, there was a problem accessing the database tables.

Please check back again later.

I have gone through all the integration stages, double checked the mysql settings and have searched through the forum for help but have not managed to solve this error.

I am currently running the script on Joomla CMS, which i think is probably why i'm getting this error. I have created a seperate mysql database for the comment script to run on.

I know that plugin comment extensions can be used with joomla, which i have done in the past, but on this occassion i am unable to use as they do not integrate within another extension that i am using. Which is the reason why i'm am trying this script.

If you have got any ideas or sugestions i could try it would be much appreciated.

James

Hello, James, and welcome to the forums.

As the error suggests, there is most likely a problem in the "comments/includes/db/connect.php" file that connects to the database. Make sure you entered everything correctly in the file. Also, check if the admin panel works correctly. If you can access it, then the problem is somewhere else.

I'm giving you three guesses...

thanks for the reply

the connect.php seems ok, havnt changed any settings since installing it, i can access the admin fine and add the manage pages. I will re-install and use the same database as joomla to see if that makes any difference, if you've got anthing else i can try i'll give it a go.

James

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by FaradaysPC
02-Aug-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post by marcparish
12-Jul-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by HGsunday
04-Jul-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post by Steven