This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Fatal Error?

So I am trying to set up Commentics on my website.  I am new at this and just learning on Youtube. I have created a database and am able to get to the Commentics database page, I fill in all the required fields and I am getting a fatal error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "\Commentics\mysqli" not found in /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/system/library/database.php:25 Stack trace: #0 /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/install/controller/main/database.php(15): Commentics\Db->connect('localhost', 'FaradaysPC', '+$pMo?qumAr9)?x...', 'commentic', '', '', 'mysqli') #1 /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/install/index.php(63): Commentics\MainDatabaseController->index() #2 {main} thrown in /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/system/library/database.php on line 25

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

In /system/library/database.php can you find this line:
PHP Code:
<?php 
$this
->driver = new $class();

And add this above it:
PHP Code:
<?php 
var_dump
(__NAMESPACE__);

What does it output?

Have you completed the interview?

As far as I can see I get the same error except for the first line.

string(10) "Commentics"
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "\Commentics\mysqli" not found in /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/system/library/database.php:25 Stack trace: #0 /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/install/controller/main/database.php(15): Commentics\Db->connect('localhost', 'FaradaysPC', '17uG5U7El2Wd4wM...', 'commentic', '', '', 'mysqli') #1 /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/install/index.php(63): Commentics\MainDatabaseController->index() #2 {main} thrown in /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/system/library/database.php on line 25

Okay in the same file can you try changing this:
PHP Code:
<?php 
$class
= '\Commentics\\' . $driver;

To this:
PHP Code:
<?php 
$class
= 'Commentics\\' . $driver;

Also what environment are you using? Like which operating system and PHP version?

Yeah, it is doing the same thing. I don't think it likes me very much....

string(10) "Commentics"
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "Commentics\mysqli" not found in /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/system/library/database.php:25 Stack trace: #0 /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/install/controller/main/database.php(15): Commentics\Db->connect('localhost', 'faradayspc', '17uG5U7El2Wd4wM...', 'commentic', '', '', 'mysqli') #1 /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/install/index.php(63): Commentics\MainDatabaseController->index() #2 {main} thrown in /home/dh_dvfx8v/faradayspc.com/commentics/system/library/database.php on line 25

If you PM me your website's FTP details I'd be happy to figure it out. Might be easier than going back and forth.

Ok, sounds good, how exactly do I do that?

Never mind, I am just being a little short of the deck today.....

All sorted. The file /system/library/database/mysqli.php was empty for some reason. Maybe it didn't upload properly.

Oh man you are AWESOME!!! Thank you a MILLION times over!! Doing the jello dance!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by HGsunday
04-Jul-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post by Steven
14-Apr-2017, 11:56 AM
Last Post by hentes
06-Nov-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post by Steven
24-Jan-2016, 08:24 PM