This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Comments Problem For Individual Articles

The installation of commentics went without a hitch and I followed the directions using the php mode and adding the required code in the page that displays the article to be commented on.  I have added a test comment and that posted correctly, but the same comment appears no matter what article is being commented on.  Where did I make a mistake.  I obviously would want a separate comment for each article applicable to that article.

Hi please see this FAQ:
https://www.commentics.org/faq/troublesh...e-comments

Have you completed the interview?

Thanks for getting back to me Steven and I remember reading about the identifier when I was setting up the integration. I thought that since I was setting up the page just once, that I didn't need to set different identifiers.

Since I am testing this on my local computer, I can't provide a link but the set up is that the commentics module is displayed below the last article visible on the page.  Once someone clicks the "Read More" button on an article, that particular article is displayed in full and the commentics module is displayed below the article.  Are you saying that I have to set a different identifier for each time the commentics module appears below an article? Perhaps I am misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

If for example you have two articles, article1.php and article2.php, the identifier needs to be different in each one. So in article1.php let's say the identifier is set as '1'. In article2.php you shouldn't set the identifier as '1'. This would result in the comments from article1 showing in article2. In article2 the identifier needs to be different, for example '2'. The different identifiers should stay the same once you've used them. So continuing with the above example, article1 should always be '1' and article2 should always be '2'. Does that help to explain it?

I understand how it works, meaning that I would have to add a commentics model to each article as they are written. That wouldn't work for me unless I can figure out another way of doing this. I've tried using other comments scripts where I just had to enter a post_id (as an example) where your 1 and 2 etc would go. That would apply the comment module to whatever article is being looked at and commented on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's fine to set the identifier as your article's post_id. It doesn't have to be 1,2,3 etc.

That's what this FAQ suggests:
https://www.commentics.org/faq/php-integ...many-pages

Thanks, I will have to figure out what to put there...I used post_id as an example.

Your response to duyvh0309 regarding his image blog question, may have given me the answer as to what the identifier should be. My problem now is that the blog script I am attaching commentics to displays the comment module, but when I enter a test comment, it does not expand like it should and the comments are not posted.  What did I manage to mess up to make that happen?

It might be that jQuery isn't loading properly. In your admin area go to 'Extensions -> Themes' and enable the 'Auto Detect' setting, then visit the page you're having trouble with and give it a few seconds to adjust your settings. If that doesn't resolve it I'd need a link to the page.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Jul-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post by MattyP
13-Apr-2020, 08:33 PM