This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Integration in html page

I don't even know where to begin except that I love the program. Did the install flawlessly. Thought I was going to be able to integrate into html and even read the integration instructions first and yep they lead you to believe it's not a problem, just edit the .htaccess and enter that ginormous line of commands, easy do. Now the part in step one about you must first create a php file was a little trippy because it doesn't tell you what to do with it but yea (maybe the server reads it anyway) so we do this with the "example.php" file as suggested and edit the lisum so it's edible, we go for the manual page edit option as I only got like 20 so no biggie. Then..............

I start embedding the <?php * ?> into the html and get nada. Go figure. Search and find this thread, YES! Now, look; AddType application/x-httpd-php .html this is an easy do so no problem (damn this is a long road) and then I get my path; <?php require("pathtofile/myphpfile.php"); ?> but what in the hell is "myphpfile.php"? Hmmmm, the palatable example.php file? Nope that didn't work. I start throwing .httaccess in different directories, I try to point to /commentics.php I create a new php file called myphpfile.php with the code in it. Man then out of desperate measures just to get a peek at it I change my index file name from html to php and I got left hand justified commentics all piled on top of each other with a button that is grey like it's not going to work and it doesn't.

Well, it's 3am. Lets see what kind of response we get here. Much appreciated and happy holidays to all you other wee hour keyboard monkeys.

Hi,

The PHP file, which the integration guide instructs you to create, is meant to be the file that you want your comments to be on. If you want the comments to be on a HTML file then use a HTML file instead. It does say to only create the file if you don't already have a file that you want the comments on. It sounds like you already have a suitable file, and it's a HTML file, so this is the file to add the integration code into.

If after adding the integration code to your HTML file, nothing shows up, it would mean that the two lines of code in your .htaccess file are not correct for your particular server. From your post, it looks like you figured out the correct commands for your server from this thread. You should now be able to execute PHP code in your HTML file. So if you were to add <?php echo "test"; ?> it should display the word test. If not, please contact your host to find out the correct commands for your server. I can only suggest what commands might work, it's up to your host to tell you for sure.

I assume that when you tried to insert a path to "myphpfile.php", you were trying to include the PHP file which you created from your first paragraph? Hopefully, I explained well enough in my first paragraph that this is the wrong way of doing it. Instead, don't create a PHP file, just use your HTML file, and add the integration code to it.

Have you completed the interview?

(23-Dec-2012, 08:22 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

The PHP file, which the integration guide instructs you to create, is meant to be the file that you want your comments to be on. If you want the comments to be on a HTML file then use a HTML file instead. It does say to only create the file if you don't already have a file that you want the comments on. It sounds like you already have a suitable file, and it's a HTML file, so this is the file to add the integration code into.

If after adding the integration code to your HTML file, nothing shows up, it would mean that the two lines of code in your .htaccess file are not correct for your particular server. From your post, it looks like you figured out the correct commands for your server from this thread. You should now be able to execute PHP code in your HTML file. So if you were to add <?php echo "test"; ?> it should display the word test. If not, please contact your host to find out the correct commands for your server. I can only suggest what commands might work, it's up to your host to tell you for sure.

I assume that when you tried to insert a path to "myphpfile.php", you were trying to include the PHP file which you created from your first paragraph? Hopefully, I explained well enough in my first paragraph that this is the wrong way of doing it. Instead, don't create a PHP file, just use your HTML file, and add the integration code to it.

Ok. I have a sweet host so I'm sure I'm good there. Let me crawl over this and I will report back in a while. I'm pretty shell shocked on the last run but when I get it going I will report back for others, thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ben
24-Aug-2023, 02:16 AM
Last Post by nsuomine
20-Jan-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post by Steven
04-Jul-2020, 06:46 PM
Last Post by MattyP
13-Apr-2020, 08:33 PM
Last Post by Steven
23-Jan-2019, 02:07 PM