This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

SSO, dynamically loading comments and customising

I need this help urgently guys, so please help me.

I am now an advanced user rather intermediate one. I have knowledge of php, .js, css. So can solve it with little help.

1) I have a login system on my page, so I want commentics to automatically take the value of the respective end-user.

2) I want commentics to dynamically load the page with corresponding comments related to that page. My backend is in PHP and I am using JQuery,
Is it possible to send something like mypage.php?id=uniq_id using JQuery POST method, so that commentics knows about it and returns the corresponding page.

3) I dont want to show name textbox while commenting, once users click reply only Comment test area should show. Please tell me how to do this.

I read something about this in documentation but still not sure.

Hi,

1. You can use the Login Details feature of Commentics for this. For example, to set the user's name, add this to the top of your integration code:

<?php
$cmtx_set_name_value = 'James';
$cmtx_page_id = '1';
$cmtx_reference = 'Page One';
$cmtx_path = 'comments/';
define('IN_COMMENTICS', 'true'); //no need to edit this line
require $cmtx_path . 'includes/commentics.php'; //no need to edit this line
?>

2. It's possible but it would require a lot of programming so it would be outside of the free support that I can give.

3. This is something that will be easy to do in a future version of Commentics. In the meantime, you could open the form template (/comments/includes/template/form.php) and add a div with a 'display:none' attribute around each field's code block. More info here: http://www.commentics.org/forum/showthre...40#pid3940

Have you completed the interview?

Hey steven,
Thanx for the reply and appreciate your help.

1)$cmtx_set_name_value = $_POST["userid"] //'James';
I will use something like this. To get the user id dynamically.

2) I want something like this links below, comments load dynamically according to the page
http://www.commentics.org/blog/?p=357 , http://www.commentics.org/blog/?p=352

Do you think it takes a lot of time because I really need this and I can program if you give some guidance.

3) Of course, I should have figured that one, Thanx

Okay, I'm no longer sure what you're talking about regarding (2).

If you want to integrate Commentics into a single file such as index.php, and that file can produce various pages such as index.php?page=1 and index.php?page=2, then just supply the $cmtx_page_id variable in the integration code with the page value, for example:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_page_id
= $_GET["page"];

Have you completed the interview?

Steven,

Sorry for the confusing point above.

I actually figured out how to do it. I did the same thing but there was one small problem with this approach $cmtx_page_id = $_GET["page"];
this would require page to reload which I do not want, so I wrote a JQuery snippet and used IFRAMES to load the comments and then send the value to $cmtx_page_id.

This is working great but a minor issue with the styling which completely breaks down in the IFRAME for some reason.

Many thanks to you though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
31-Jan-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post by Steven
29-Jul-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post by MattyP
13-Apr-2020, 08:33 PM