This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Sorry, there is a database connection problem.

I have tried to run the installer but keep getting an error.

Sorry, there is a database connection problem.
Please open /comments/includes/db/details.php1.Is the $cmtx_mysql_username value correct?
2.Is the $cmtx_mysql_password value correct?
3.Is the $cmtx_mysql_host value correct?
4.Is the $cmtx_mysql_port value correct?
If the above is ok, it may be that your database server is down.

I have already made the changes but keep getting the error.

what else could be the issue?

Which version of Commentics are you installing? That's not the latest version. The latest version has a more detailed database connection error message.

Have you completed the interview?

(12-Aug-2014, 05:27 PM)Steven Wrote:  Which version of Commentics are you installing? That's not the latest version. The latest version has a more detailed database connection error message.

Hi Steven

I am installing Version: v2.4 (27th June 2013)

(12-Aug-2014, 08:24 PM)hammer Wrote:  
(12-Aug-2014, 05:27 PM)Steven Wrote:  Which version of Commentics are you installing? That's not the latest version. The latest version has a more detailed database connection error message.

Hi Steven

I am installing Version: v2.4 (27th June 2013)

I download the latest version but I am still getting an error message.

See error message below

Sorry, there is a database connection error:
2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on '50.62.238.1' (111)

Any particular reason why it can not connect to the MySQL server, this is driving me crazy.

This is a 'connection refused' error and is related to how your server is configured. There's nothing wrong with what you've entered. It's your server network that has a problem. You'll need to speak to your host to resolve this.

(13-Aug-2014, 06:16 PM)Steven Wrote:  This is a 'connection refused' error and is related to how your server is configured. There's nothing wrong with what you've entered. It's your server network that has a problem. You'll need to speak to your host to resolve this.

I contacted my hosting company below is the reply...

It appears that your program is having issues with making a connection to the database required for the program to run. I have reviewed the file that contains this information, located in comments/installer/database.php, and this file is missing the settings that you will need to make the program work. You will need to use the following information to locate the connection strings and then update the database.php file so that your program will work.

And they gave instructions on how to locate the connection string. I have since entered the information in database.php but still nothing, will have to contact them again.

What did they instruct you to change exactly?

(14-Aug-2014, 07:14 PM)Steven Wrote:  What did they instruct you to change exactly?

I needed to add the username, password and hostname in database.php

Thanks Steven

I was able to complete the installation. The Username, password and hostname had to be updated in the details.php file in the includes/db folder.

This came about because I had change the password after it was not installing.

I have the same problem as Hammer. I run the installer and get the message:

"Sorry, there is a database connection error:

2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

This error appears to be because your host is wrong.

The following are steps to help fix it:

(a) Open the file /db/details.php
(b) Check the value of $cmtx_mysql_host
© Does it match with your MySQL host?"

I've checked the file Details.php and it correctly shows the database name, user name, PW and "localhost" for $cmtx_mysql_host. I have also edited  the file "database.php" so that this info matches "details.php" but still get this error. My website is on iPage which is using  MySQL - 5.5.43-0ubuntu0.12.04.1-log phpMyAdmin - 2.8.0.1

Any ideas anyone? BTW, I am a novice at this so please be detailed in your comments if you would.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by murat
31-Dec-2020, 07:00 PM
Last Post by Steven
13-May-2019, 09:32 AM
Last Post by HGsunday
04-Jul-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post by Steven
24-Jan-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post by Steven
01-Jan-2016, 12:37 AM