This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

database connection error

(02-Jul-2018, 08:55 AM)Steven Wrote:  Okay so firstly, as you've renamed the /upload/ folder to /comments/, you'll need to change this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder
= '/upload/';

To this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
$cmtx_folder
= '/comments/';

Also you're meant to install Commentics in the root of your website but it looks like you've installed it in your /hg-blog/ folder. It might be okay though so just ignore that for now.

For some reason $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] appears to be empty on your server. Try changing the require() line to this:

PHP Code:
<?php 
require('/Volumes/backup/WEBSITES/016 Heiner Grenzland website ALLE+Panseron/www.heinergrenzland.de/hg-blog' . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');

Dear Steven, thanks.
But no, that did not work. 
I tried this: 
<?php
$cmtx_identifier = '1';
$cmtx_reference  = 'Page One';
$cmtx_folder     = '/hg-blog/comments/';
require($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . $cmtx_folder . 'frontend/index.php');
?>

Now the form is displayed on the website - BUT it does not work
http://www.heinergrenzland.de/hg-blog/index.php

what can I do Steven?

In the admin area, try going to 'Extensions -> Themes' and changing the jQuery setting to 'No, I load it myself'.

Have you completed the interview?

(02-Jul-2018, 10:39 AM)Steven Wrote:  In the admin area, try going to 'Extensions -> Themes' and changing the jQuery setting to 'No, I load it myself'.

Hello Steven, 
thanks - unfortunately it did not help ... 
in the form you an open the fields and type in, but the Captcha and the Add comment and the Review Button are defunct ...

Keep the 'jQuery UI' setting as 'Local' because you don't appear to be loading it yourself.

The main issue is that you're loading two versions of jQuery and one of them is very old.

Inside the <head> tag of your page, you've got this:

Code:
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

That version, v1.3.2, is from 2009, so is too old for Commentics to use. Can you change that to v1.12.4?

Then near the bottom of your page, you've got this:

Code:
<script src="js/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>

You'll need to remove that because it's too low down in the page for Commentics to use. If you remove it and just use v1.12.4 in the <head> tag then everything will work.

(02-Jul-2018, 07:52 PM)Steven Wrote:  Keep the 'jQuery UI' setting as 'Local' because you don't appear to be loading it yourself.

The main issue is that you're loading two versions of jQuery and one of them is very old.

Inside the <head> tag of your page, you've got this:

Code:
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

That version, v1.3.2, is from 2009, so is too old for Commentics to use. Can you change that to v1.12.4?

Then near the bottom of your page, you've got this:

Code:
<script src="js/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>

You'll need to remove that because it's too low down in the page for Commentics to use. If you remove it and just use v1.12.4 in the <head> tag then everything will work.
ok, I have all that changed - but it still does not work.
I am so sorry to be such a trouble to you ...

It's no trouble but just to clarify you want the 'jQuery' setting as 'No, I load it myself' and the 'jQuery UI' setting as 'Local'.

(03-Jul-2018, 08:15 AM)Steven Wrote:  It's no trouble but just to clarify you want the 'jQuery' setting as 'No, I load it myself' and the 'jQuery UI' setting as 'Local'.

settings are done according to your instruction ... doesn't help .... is it probably a problem of internal routing (paths) between the php-scripts or so ... ? I have no idea. Or may be I should upgrade to the licenced version, would that help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There's only one version of Commentics. Buying the licence just gives you the licence key to remove the 'Powered by' statement.

It's definitely a jQuery issue. I've just noticed you're loading jQuery here as well:

Code:
<script src="emailform/jquery-2.1.0.min.js"></script>

So you could try removing that.

(03-Jul-2018, 10:44 AM)Steven Wrote:  There's only one version of Commentics. Buying the licence just gives you the licence key to remove the 'Powered by' statement.

It's definitely a jQuery issue. I've just noticed you're loading jQuery here as well:

Code:

Yes Steven, you were right, that script caused the problem - but now the contact-form has a problem failing exactly that jquery script .... do u have an idea for solving that? 
And the last question: after adding a comment, in the form the name and email address of the preceded commentator remains ... how to fix/clear that?

(03-Jul-2018, 12:51 PM)HGsunday Wrote:  
(03-Jul-2018, 10:44 AM)Steven Wrote:  There's only one version of Commentics. Buying the licence just gives you the licence key to remove the 'Powered by' statement.

Code:

Yes Steven, you were right, that script caused the problem - but now the contact-form has a problem failing exactly that jquery script .... do u have an idea for solving that? 
And the last question: after adding a comment, in the form the name and email address of the preceded commentator remains ... how to fix/clear that?

SORRY - my fault with the email form, it works! Rests: after adding a comment name and email address of the preceded commentator remains in the fields ... how to clear that? (Then we are "through" .... )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by FaradaysPC
02-Aug-2022, 08:49 PM
Last Post by Steven
12-Nov-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post by Steven
14-Apr-2017, 11:56 AM
Last Post by hentes
06-Nov-2016, 01:36 PM