This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Pathname to the File that inserts the Comments Box

(23-Jun-2012, 11:16 AM)Steven Wrote:  It's frustrating for me a little as well...you know that the issue is to do with how you have integrated it into your page.

You're right. Should have upgraded days ago but I have been determined to see if I could insert my top and side bars and the comment script using SSI so I would not have to add them, or at least the comment script, to every page I create.

Despite changes to htaccess and all the other stuff I tried, including your suggestions, it just doesn't work. The SSI works with my server for the top and side bars but not for the comment script using shtml.

So I dug into a few php tutorials, revised all my files to .php and added the include tag to my template for new pages and it works fine. At least everything I have tried so far.

Thanks very much for jumping in there to help. If I can get my "house mom" chores done before my wife gets home, I'll save my files and do the upgrade this afternoon.

I'd like to contribute to the project. Pay Pal of course and maybe a brief tutorial on how I included my header, side bar and comment script into my template for new pages. Seems like that would be useful for people who want to build their own website, not with a CMS like Word Press.

Bill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Steven
29-Jul-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post by MattyP
13-Apr-2020, 08:33 PM