This is the community forum. For a developer response use the Client Area.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Database Tables Problem.

Hi there all,
Sorry if my question is extremely noobish, this is my first time working with php, mysql, or anything of this sort. I've set up wampserver on my desktop, and am using it to host a site. I've configured the details.php file with the hostname localhost, root username, no password, and created a database in Phpmyadmin. The database title in the details file matches the name in phpmyadmin. When I try to install, I get this message. I left the table prefix blank.

Sorry, there is a database tables problem.
Please open /comments/includes/db/details.php
Is the $cmtx_mysql_table_prefix value correct?
Using phpMyAdmin, check that the database tables exist.

Does this mean I need to add tables to my database I created? If so, what do I call it, and what do I add? How many columns, what do I call them, etc?

Thanks very much!

Hi,

It sounds like you need to run the installer (yourdomain.com/comments/installer/).

Have you completed the interview?

(01-Apr-2013, 05:50 PM)Steven Wrote:  Hi,

It sounds like you need to run the installer (yourdomain.com/comments/installer/).

Oh my. Well I guess I was correct in assuming that it was a noobish question. That's what I get for working on zero sleep. Thanks very much!
Problem Solved

Hi all. So my intention is to create a page on my site on which users may comment using commentics. Then, I would like each commentics comment to be able to be commented on using facebook's social comment plugin. I believe I may be able to insert the html link to facebook's comment plugin in one of commentics's files having it display the facebook comment plugin. For example, where ever commentics stores the information telling it to display the date after each comment, I could insert the link to facebook's plugin. Is this possible, and if so does anyone know where I would insert the link?

I've got the same problem here. Tried escaping _ in username and password. Tried keeping permissions 644 on details.php. Nothing seems to work. Quite frustrating. Also added:

@error_reporting(-1); //show every possible error
@ini_set('display_errors', 1); //display errors
@ini_set("log_errors" , 0); //don't log errors

got nothing back.

Any way to avoid the installer?

Hi aww,

You said that you have the same problem. I assume this means you're trying to install Commentics but you're getting the 'database tables problem' message.

The solution is to run the installer.

You asked how to avoid the installer, but you didn't say why. The 'database tables problem' message doesn't appear in the installer, so there must be another reason why you can't run the installer, but you didn't mention it. (There's no way to avoid the installer).

You've listed some of the solutions you've tried, but you haven't said a lot about the problem.

Hi there Steven, this is the error on the installer:

Sorry, there is a database tables problem.
Please open /comments/includes/db/details.php
Is the $cmtx_mysql_table_prefix value correct?
Using phpMyAdmin, check that the database tables exist.

-- should I have database tables installed prior to running the installer? I have created the database and given the specified user all permissions. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

The only place that message appears is in the admin panel. You're not in the installer.

yourdomain.com/comments/admin/ <--This is where you are
yourdomain.com/comments/installer/ <--This is where you need to be

Oh great. My bad. I wonder if a message here would be appropriate for fools like me.

Already ahead of you Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by murat
31-Dec-2020, 07:00 PM
Last Post by Steven
13-May-2019, 09:32 AM
Last Post by HGsunday
04-Jul-2018, 09:42 AM
Last Post by Steven
24-Jan-2016, 08:24 PM